[patch] incorrect default value for LH_INITRAMFS

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:40:42 -0300
Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> But ... I don't know how to fix this.  lh_config calls Set_defaults
> before rewriting all configs.  If we make Set_defaults responsible
> for determining "auto" values, the "autoness" is lost.  It seems
> there should be a separate step that determines at build time all
> appropriate values for any variable set to "auto" (or any other
> "derived" value that needs to be determined at build time).  I have
> not yet done a thorough review of the code to find the appropriate
> place.

I have attached a patch that fixes this by adding a 'noexpand' mode
to Set_defaults (the default being 'expand') to be called that way
only from the lh_config helper.  Any LH_ variable value that is
derived from other LH_ variables and should not be expanded until
it is used may be set in the same fashion.  There may be others in
lh_config that need similar treatment.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org