non-package software additions, and other modifications

On Jun 20, 2007, at 5:07 PM, Chris Lamb wrote:
> Actually, I made a mistake. live-initramfs does not call 'adduser', it
> uses debconf to configure the user. Sorry for misleading you.

   No problem.  I certainly don't blame you for not knowing all
things.  :-)

> To get the behaviour you want, try putting the following text in
> config/chroot_local-includes/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts
> /live-bottom/99usergroup.sh and make the file executable:

   Actually that appears to be casper-bottom, not live-bottom, but I
can do that.  I see the point.  I can't tell where debconf is doing
the bit it's doing, though, so I don't know if I can just do an
"adduser USER GROUP" for the one group I care about.  But that's my
plan.  :-)

   Thanks!

> ps. By the way, I read the list - please do not send me mail directly.

   Sorry for that.  I'm used to lists that set a Reply-To, and didn't
notice that I had done that...

                                 - Chris