custom kernel

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 12:04:22AM +0400, Vladimir Stavrinov wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 09:24:49PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
>
> > i do not understand. you don't need to make kernel packages yourself,
> > debian offers binary packages for the linux kernel. what /excately/ do
> > you want?
>
> Daniel, please read whole this thread from beginning.
> If we are using debian kernel package, what about we talking?
> Custom kernel is not debian kernel nigher binary nor source.

If they are an rpm package, look into alien to convert them into a deb
package.

Yes, it is far from perfect. It will likely have broken dependencies and
such. But at least it will have basic accounting of files. And it is one
file to carry arround, as opposed to a whole bunch.

You may need to mkinitrd manually for that kernel. If you do, be sure to
re-run update-grub.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org