I would like to know how to install Debian on machine with no CD-ROM device and no floppy from image (usb-hdd) built with live-helper.
- lh_config -b usb-hdd -d lenny
- in config/binary: LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER="enabled"
- put the image on usb key: dd if=binary.img of=/dev/sda
- boot machine (with no CD-ROM drive) with the usb key
- the boot prompt appears:
- if I press F3, the menu shows the options (live, live-failsafe, install, expert)
- if I press enter, Debian boots and the prompt finally appears: the system is up
- if I type install and then press enter, the installation process begins
- Choose language
- Select a keyboard layout
- Detecting harware to find CD-ROM devices...
==> No common CD-ROM drive was detected... Load CD-ROM drivers from a driver floppy?
The machine does not have floppy drive. I can not go further...
Is it possible to install Debian this way (from usb)?
Thanks in advance.