Hero wanted. Apply within. Make persistence work.

Alle venerd? 5 ottobre 2007, Ben Armstrong ha scritto:
> Here's the state of persistence, to the best of my knowledge:

Last time I checked just invoking "live-snapshot" produce a wotking cpio.gz
archive that will be added at boot time if placed in the right place.

I know and I always told that other targets were unfinished/untested and asked
for help when I saw that my time for d-l coding were fading out.

The live-snapshot script is not rocket science and a fix should be not a so
hard task, the thing it need most is a good .ignore-list default file, so
obvious files touched by live-initramfs at startup could be not added (as the
default behaviour).

> queries about this per week on irc but have not had the time to do anything
> about it myself.

I have no time now too, and also no test machine... a lightingbolt killed some
boxes in my home!

When I'll buy a new VT ready machine* I hope to have the time to proper finish
this part.

* an account on a big iron with qemu (kvm) and a chroot anyone?
--
ESC:wq