d-l qemu usb boot

Hi Everyone,

I didn't follow debian-live until recently, but it seems there was an
initial problem with qemu booting the usb images [0].  All the
references I found on how to do this are from ~February when usb
booting was first introduced.  Does it still work?

I see that it's only supported for syslinux.  I'm running just:
qemu ./binary.img

And I get some warnings:
Unknown keyword in syslinux.cfg
[repeats 3 more times]

It boots okay until some apparent problem (without associated error
message) with the initrd:

Begin: Mounting root file system...
(Busybox prompt): (initramfs) _

I'm using linux 2.6.22, aufs, sid (mirrors.kernel.org).

Thanks
Justin