stop dhcp configuration and several issues

Greetings,

I made a liveCD with the livehelpers and found that it will use dhcp
to configure my eth0, which I don't want, so I chroot into the chroot/
and edit /etc/network/interfaces and rebuild but found this does not
work. Is there a way to alternate this?

Also, how can I change the default /etc/hosts file and hostname?

I also experienced a serious issue:
during the stage of lh_binary, the helper will try to find
/usr/share/live-helper/casper/casper/parameters.txt
but the file does not exist. This will result fatal "user unknown to
underlying auth module" if you use the then generated iso, I created a
sym link to solve this issue. Anyone experienced this?

Cheers,
Deephay