Debian-Live Feedback

Hi.

I'm pleased to see Debian finally getting an own Live-CD because I like the idea of the social contract of Debian and how EVERYTHING is free. I've tried many Live-CDs and shortly had Xubuntu installed but than I dropped GNU/Linux again for Windows Vista. It was just to time expensive and complicated to setup my graphics card, install programs that are not in the repository and configure the whole system. This time I write a feedback because I want to see Debian prosper.
This is written from the view of a Windows-User not common with command line. I've used the debian-live-40r0-rc1-amd64-xfce-CD.iso to create my Live-CD. Maybe some problems are just Xfce related. If so, it would be nice if you could forward this message to the Xfce-Team so they can fix some problems.

My Laptop Asus F3T-AP037C:
NVIDIA C51MV / MCP51
AMD Turion? 64 X2 TL-56 2x 1,8 GHz
2048 MB DDR2 Dual Channel PC 5300 (667 MHz)
15,4" 1280 x 800 Pixel (WXGA TFT)
Nvidia GeForce 7600 Go

Things I came across while using the Live-CD:

-Missing internalization
	-Couldn't find a GUI to change my keyboard layout
	-Couldn't make any screenshots maybe because keyboard is not set up right

-XFCE-Menu is confusing
	-Under "Settings" there only is "Settings manager". Whz not link directly to "Settings manager" when it's the only link under "Settings"?
	-Many programs I don't have the slightesd idea what they are good for
	-Programs appearing twice in the Xfce-Menu like The Gimp and OpenOffice.org, once under "Xfce" and once under "Apps"
	-Right-click on the desktop could make something usefuller, desktop-specific than just again the Xfce-Menu that is already accessible all the time

-"Help/Info" is confusing maybe because I'm not used to terminal

-Trashcan doesn't change icon on the desktop when something is thrown away (only after refreshing)
-Empty trashcan removes all icons from the desktop and the ability to right-click on it
-Desktop returns after starting "Xfdestop" under "Apps/Tools"

-Couldn't find a GUI to setup my Wlan connection to get on the internet

-Automounting USB-Sticks would be nice
-A graphical installer on the desktop would be useful when somebody decides to install Debian if he or she is satisfied with the Live-CD
- Shutdown doesn't shut down, ejects CD and shows some commands that are a riddle to me

Well, that was all I've found in the short time I used the Live-CD. Hmm, some kind of benchmarking- and feedback-tool on the CD would give more information to improve Debian-Live and increase the number of feedbacks.

Bye.
--
Richard Kolodziej <Richard.Kolodziej at web.de>