Stumped with kernel

How do I use sort -u or apply the patch?  Also there has to be a way to
install these packages with the use of live-helper configs and package
placement in the config directories.

Does this patch and your method work?  I do have a way to successfully
install the custom kernel and the modules.  Thats not the problem.  What the
problem is that after the 'binary.iso' is built, I boot the live system and
I get dropped into a limitted shell.

I found this in my previous searches in google.
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-live-devel/2007-June/001560.html

But it doesnt solve my issue with Busybox dropping me to a limitted shell
(ash) when the root filesystem is mounted.

Sorry for the confusion.  And thanks for the help in advance.

Alk3