My inability to make use of your project

Hello,

I wanted to try out debian with the aim of possibly installing it to
test some software that I'm working on. It's not graphical software, so
I don't need a graphical desktop. I downloaded and burned the standard
livecd and booted it. Everything seemed okay so I looked for some way to
install it. Both links and lynx were inexplicably missing from the
livecd, so I used another computer to look on the debian live website
for information.

The FAQ did not mention installation, so I checked out the wiki. The
wiki's only mention of installation is that it uses "DebianInstaller",
and includes a link to the DebianInstaller wiki.  I looked on the
DebianInstaller wiki for any information on how to actually run the
installer, but it assumes you already have the installer running. I
tried rebooting the livecd and checking out the boot options, and under
the menu quizically named "other ways to boot" or something like that,
it gives me commands to install debian. Perfect!

Or, it would be perfect if the commands didn't fail with errors about
not finding the kernel image.

I am just writing this to give the perspective of a user. I spent a lot
of time trying to figure out how to use your livecd to install debian
and got nowhere. I think it's a fair assumption that installation from a
livecd should be possible (most other distributions have this option).
If you don't support it, please state that in the FAQ. If you
do...well...please make it easier to find.

Thanks for your time.