Boot parameters

I am using the Debian live cd for Remote access at work. Essentaly
Users boot from the cd int a minimal Fluxbox enviroment, kvpnc is
launched and when the vpn connection is made than it launches krdp so
that they can remote int their PC at the office. Now everything works
great exept for a few users cannot boot into the desktop the are
getting this error:

X Window System Version 7.1.1
Release Date: 12May2006
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.1.1
Building operating system:  UNKNOWN
Current Operating System:  Linus Live 2.6.18-3-486 #1 Sun Dec 10
18L57:11 UTC2006 i686
Build Date:  09Jan2007
	Before reporting Problems, check htp://wki.x.org to make sure that
you have the latest version.
Module Loader present
Markers:(--) probed, (**) config file, (==) default setting, (++) from
command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational, (WW) warning, (EE)
error, (NI) not implmented, (??) unknown
(==) Log File: '/var/log/xorg.0.log", Time Wed Mar 28, 17:04:29 2007
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.cong"
(EE) VESA (0):  No matching modes
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration

Fatal Server error
	no screens found

Now I was expecting to have some hardware issues. But I was wondering
if there were any boot parameters that I could have them try. maby
have them boot with the vesa driver or something. I tryed linux
xdrvr=vesa xres=800x600 on my test comp and it seems to still come up
as 1024x768. am I missing something?

Richard