[patch] casper: configure gksu+kdesu to use sudo

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 21:49:47 -0300
Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> Ah.  It will need some adjustment.  It creates /.kde not /home/user/.kde
>
> I'll do more testing with kde tomorrow and post a correct patch.

OK.  I have attached a revised patch.  This not only fixes the location
of ~/.kde, but adds under ~/.kde revised su.desktop and sumc.desktop
files for konsole (by sedding the originals if they are present in the
chroot) so that when you open a root shell or root midnight commander
shell it will do so with sudo instead of su.  The downside to this
approach is if the livecd doesn't include konsole and the user installs
it afterwards, the root shells won't work.  I can't see any easy way to
fix this.

Marco, this is for you: the casper.log from my last test run against
your casper bzr branch including my patch is at:

http://people.debian.org/~synrg/casper.log

Ben
--
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca