Building a PPC live cd - newbie

Brian McKee wrote:
>     Forgive me if I've missed something obvious here.  I've never run
> Debian before, but have a project here I think you've got the perfect
> solution for.

nothing to be sorry for.. and welcome :)

> Before I go digging up extra hardware please confirm - To build a PPC
> only live cd, I just follow the instructions at
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/ISO using a Debian PPC host?

that is right, yes.

note that, due to lack of time, nobody has yet investigated the proper
things needed to make the medias bootable for non-i386/non-amd64. means,
we just need to figure out from debian-cd[0] how the powerpc isos are
made bootable. the rest of make-live is platform independent anyway.

> The http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/ISO_%28multiarch%29 page
> looks pretty intimidating...

well, multi-arch is for people wanting to create an image containing
different live-systems for different architectures on the very same
medium, e.g. a cd with amd64, i386 and powerpc live system on it.

that is quite tricky anyway and not supported by make-live for the
moment, so don't be frightened by that.

> I think I can work out how to add the few extra packages and scripts
> I'll need once I get going.

cool. i have a powerpc here too, so i could verify it, but i'm busy this
week with fixing svn...

[0] http://packages.qa.debian.org/debian-cd