Heavily customized Live-CD

Hi,

> I am in making a very customized CD for my own purposes. I achieved most
> customizations with LIVE_PACKAGES and LIVE_INCLUDE_CHROOT, but there
> are still some hurdles as some of the customized files are overrided:
>
> 1. /etc/X11/xorg.conf is generated automatically. Is there a way to
> override this? I need the nvidia (non-free) driver.
>
> 2. /etc/resolv.conf should either be a link to
> /var/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf or I could provide my own as it
> shouldn't change very often.
>
> 3. /etc/hostname and /etc/network/interfaces should work with
> LIVE_BOOTAPPEND
>
> 4. Would be nice to also have my own /etc/hosts, but this has lowest
> priority.

You can probably do all this with a hook script. Add the script you want to
run in your LIVE_INCLUDE_CHROOT directory and set the LIVE_HOOK variable.
Assuming you have your LIVE_INCLUDE_CHROOT set to /some/path/inc-root, write
your script in /some/path/inc-root/hook.sh and set LIVE_HOOK="/hook.sh". It
will be called in a chrooted environment. To do this cleanly, add rm /hook.sh
at the end of your script.

--
C?dric Lucantis