Change Initial Splash Screen background

> Hello everybody!
> Any advice on changing the splash with live image red image?
>
> There is a .rle in templates which I think it's the file but rletopnm
> gives me a beautiful segfault :-)
>
> What is the creation process of this?

This image is in LSS16 format. I never tried, but the syslinux package
provides two programs ppmtolss16 and lss16toppm which can probably do the
trick. I think there are some restrictions on the image format: it must be 16
colors only, 640x320 or smaller and have some blank space at bottom for
displaying boot text (not sure about all this)

--
C?dric Lucantis