Debian Live USB Mounting
- Subject: Debian Live USB Mounting
- From: daniel at debian.org (Daniel Baumann)
- Date: Wed Feb 28 12:38:49 2007
- Message-id: <45E563F4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20070228110133.GA23681@whiteman.bithawk.net>
- References: <20070228110133.GA23681@whiteman.bithawk.net>
> Hi Dan and Marco,
the right place to report/ask this is the mailinglist, hence sent there.
> I have one problem.
> I'm using a Western Digital Passport USB drive and I'm not sure what
> mount software to use. I loaded up the following
> dbus, gnome-volume-manager, hal, pmount, usbmount, usbutils and
> ( At this point, they're probably conflicting with each other LOL ! )
> I was able to get it auto-mounted on /media/usb0, but after a while it
> seemed to dismount and I can only get it to remount by removing, and
> then attaching the USB cable. I use the USB drive with Xubuntu,
> with no problems, so I'll try to see which mounting software it uses.
What do you excately want to get automounted? A second partition behind
the live-partition of the usb-stick? Maybe http://bugs.debian.org/401216
can help you?
Address: Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist