can't get gdm greeter

	Hello,

  I've tried to get a Debian Live which wouldn't auto-login to the
casper user, but getting a GDM greeter to let choose the kind of
session.
  So I built a Debian Live system with gnome-core and gdm,
gdm-themes packages, and modified the initrd to remove the casper's
15autologin script. The system boots fine, but gdm can't success
running the greeter, flickering screen some times and at the end,
giving a message "The greeter application appears to be crashing.
Attempting to use a different one." without more success if you click ok...

  Have you such experienced the same problem ? I've also tried with the
gnome-full list, tried modifying
Greeter=/usr/lib/gdm/gdmgreeter entry in gdm.conf without good result...

	Thanks for any tip,
		Fred.