live and install in one CD?

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 09:16:10PM +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:
>Ben Armstrong wrote:
>> In theory I think this is doable with the proposed "2 partitions selectable
>> at boot" arrangement via grub-reboot, though I've never tried this.
>
>Atm, we're using syslinux. Not sure if we should keep that (opinions
>welcome). However, it is quite easy to just /merge/ the netinstal iso to
>a live iso image, however, I'd currently playing with debian-cd and
>thinking about the best solution to build the netinstal iso from scratch
>too (either using debian-cd for that, or, re-implementing the netinstall
>build mechanism in live-package).

There are several possible ways to do this now; the easiest may be to
use the hooks in the latest debian-cd version in svn to add files to
the temporary disc trees at various points. I wouldn't recommend
trying to re-implement the netinst build yourself, tbh - it's quite
complex already..

We should get together and talk about live CDs some more, soon. :-)

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?