live and install in one CD?

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 14:53:49 -0400
Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

> In theory I think this is doable with the proposed "2 partitions selectable
> at boot" arrangement via grub-reboot, though I've never tried this.

On second thought, where would info about the new kernel to boot be stored during
the reboot?  On a real system you have the hdd.  But on a livecd system ...?

I've seen this kind of trick played with bootloaders that manipulate nvram in
firmware to store the parameters between boots (like bootx for the mac) but don't
know how to do it in a general way.

Ben
--
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca