Google SoC

[ Resend to the applicant because it is highly likely that you didn't
get the e-mail which I send from the Debconf in .mx due to very broken
internet there (and CC'ed to others )]

Hi Robert,

as you may have read, I'll mentoring your Google Summer of Code Application.

Your proposal states to create an 'automated live-cd generating script'.
At live.debian.net, we already have a proof-of-concept script. There are
three things left to do for a 'final' Debian Live system:

  * Improve the current build script (not more than one week work):

    - checking if there is a way to install debs into a directory
      without needing to chroot into it.
    - creating a usb-stick profile.
    - add patches for the netboot profile from the mailinglist.
    - multiplatform.
    - adding non-ia32/non-amd64 bootloader configurations.
    - some testing and polishment.

  * Adjust caspers configuration stuff (not more than one day work):

    - http://live.debian.net/wiki/live-package

  * Rewrite casper to use d-i for hardware-detection.

As you may see, your original proposal is more or less already done.
What about adjusting it to incorporate the other two things? Please let
me know as soon as possible. A modified proposal should be posted until
sunday evening, at latest.

Regards,
Daniel