Accepted live-package 0.99.4-1 (source all)

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> This sounds like something that might become easier with
> xdebconfigurator.  Are you aware of this package?  It can be
> configured to generate a new X configuration at boot, based on the
> current hardware.

The xorg postinst script can do autodetection, unfortunately it was
broken in the last xorg 7.0.x upload, see #375689. But XSF didn't wanted
to upload a new package just because of that, so they postponed it to
fix it in 7.1, which was uploaded to experimental recently. As long as
7.1 does not enter testing, we use the little hack mentioned to correct
it manually.

However, it's Marco who does the work with casper, I know he is aware of
xdebconfigurator, I'm sure he will tell us, why he didn't consider to
use it instead.