About live-package and local disk mirror.

On 8/3/06, Llu?s Gras <serni@serni.net> wrote:
> > Alle 19:27, gioved? 3 agosto 2006, hai scritto:
> >
> >> The question is whether make-live allows local
> >> disk mirrors for debian repositories, or if it just works with network
> >> mirrors (in which case it won't work for me).
> >
> > Local mirrors (with file:///) are not supported yet, you could install
> > apache
> > and have a working network mirror easily, just link your file mirror
> > to /var/www/mirror and you will have it on http://localhost/mirror.
> >
> > I do that too.
> >
> > To support local mirror we should add code that bind mounts them in the
> > chroot, not included yet but feel free to experiment and give us a patch
> > for
> > it.
> >
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >
> > You are welcome.
> >

> Alternatively one could use apt-cacher ...

Thanks for the quick answers.  I didn't want to set up apache or any
server, but it might be I have to.  The problem of syncing against
debian mirrors is already resolved.  I use apt-mirror
(http://apt-mirror.sourceforge.net/) which so far has worked pretty
nice for me (I'm wondering why this is not officially packaged yet),
so I do have the repositories locally.

Problem is how can make-file understand the repositories in my local
disk.  According to Marco this is an unresolved problem and he
suggested to set apache, which is something I want to avoid.  He
indicated also that there are some possible changes to add this
support (for apt-sources URIs like "file:"), but I have no clue on
what to touch and experiment.  I've never directly played with chroot
for example, but if I find anything, and that happen to work I'll let
you guys know.

--
Javier