make-live iso stops with "E: Couldn't install root!"
- Subject: make-live iso stops with "E: Couldn't install root!"
- From: daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net (Daniel Baumann)
- Date: Tue May 30 20:18:38 2006
- Message-id: <447C8A28.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <51322.214.171.124.1.1149011689.squirrel@localhost>
- References: <513126.96.36.199.1.1149011689.squirrel@localhost>
> I run sarge, when I do (all defaults)
> make-live iso
make-live calls cdebootstrap for that. the sarge version of cdebootstrap
is too old to bootstrap testing or unstable. therefore, you need to
if you want to keep sarge as your distribution, install the backport
from backports.org (which i personally do use too).
i added a versioned depends in make-live for the next revision, so this
should not happen again. thanks for reporting ;)
Address: Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist