Casper configuration

Understanding that some changes were made to the Casper source for Live, I decided to ask for any potentially useful information here first (as I have read though the Ubuntu lists and see very few valid/helpful replies and no information regarding this issue).

When we make the call "boot=casper", it is was my thought that the file being referenced is chroot/usr/share/initramfs-tools/scripts/casper. This file is a shell script with non-executable permissions, prompting me to conclude that is used for configuration (in the creation of initrd.img perhaps?), and is not actually being referenced at boot-time. Can anyone verify or debunk this? Any helpful information/informed guess is deeply appreciated.

Mike Angelo

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do.  Get it on your phone.