work needed for network booting Debian Live

On Thursday 27 April 2006 00:01, Andrew Donnellan wrote:
> Well of course if there is a computer without a floppy drive and
> without USB, or with a BIOS that doesn't support booting from USB,
> then you might want a CD.

I'm not willing to write the code to enable that unlikely scenario. If someone
else wants to, I wouldn't object. It seems like it would be rather
complicated as you would need to supply the IP address of the server at the
time that 'make-live net' is being invoked.

> OK, so if you're using DHCP why do you need to supply an IP address
> for the server?

You only need to supply an IP address for the server in the case where
you /aren't/ using PXE enabled DHCP.