Debian Live on a USB memory stick?

I followed the wiki instructions for making a Debian Live CD with
live-package and it worked first time! Brilliant.

Is it possible to create a bootable Debian Live USB stick? I used cfdisk
to format my 256MB memory stick with the Boot flag set and formatted it
with mkfs.vfat. I copied the contents of the live/image/ directory onto
the memory stick and tried to boot from it. I got a message saying that
the disc was not bootable and asking me to insert a bootable floppy. Do
I need to do something else - install Grub perhaps?

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Chris.