dsslive

Alle 20:10, gioved? 23 marzo 2006, daniele favara ha scritto:

> i 've just discovered this project .. i found it really interesting.

Nice to meet you too :-)

> I'm the devel of dsslive, i guess i can help you. i know very well
> many livecds framework and i have even my own, yuch+deliver.

If you looked at the wiki you will see that we are working not on another
livecd, but on a framework to build official live systems with only official
debian packages.

To do that we are trying to push into debian the out-of-tree versions of
unionfs and squashfs and to provide the casper initramfs generator.

Daniel then built a simple script, make-live, that permits us to try our
building scheme.

> i'm developing even the dss ide ... at the moment it's ready just the
> debootstrap wizard.

Yes this could be integrated in debian-live as a part of our effort for sure.

> let me know if we can merge our energies somehow :)

Main development is going on at #debian-live channel on OFTC IRC servers, join
US! :-)

--
ESC:wq