Re: Current state of lintian?

Hi Nilesh,

Nilesh Patra wrote:
> >Would be happy if you could still have a look at my questions and if
> >necessary push according changes (maybe with "Git-Dch: Ignore").
>
> I don't see your questions anywhere on the MR. Am I missing
> something? Did you by any chance forget to post? Could you let me
> know?

Oopsi, indeed. There is a "pending" and I thought this means that the
review is pending. But if I hover above it, it says "Pending comments
are hidden until you submit your review."

Then again, the comment is not in an textarea to edit. It just an
"edit" icon as if when I can edit an already posted comment. Very
weird. (Can send you some screenshots if wanted. But I don't want to
send nearly 200kB of PNGs to the list.)

Even weirder, if I click the edit button and press "save comment", it
doesn't change in any way. It's still pending.

ARGH, on the very bottom of the screen, far away from that comment, I
now see a very decent footer line with a pull down menu saying
"Pending comments (1)" and a button say "Finish review". And if I
click that a new comment field shows up. What kind of UI fuckup is
this?!?

Sorry for the confusion, but this is a horrible new UI from Gitlab.

> >For me approval is a general ok for the concept and an intend to
> >merge, but not necessarily in the current state. But maybe thumbs up
> >is better for that purpose?
>
> Yep. For me approval from a maintainer would mean ready/approved for a merge.

Ok, next time then. But the main issue seems that the comment wasn't
sent at all so far.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, https://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin