Current state of lintian?

Hi,

I wanted to know what the current situation of lintian maintenance is. There was
a release in February almost an year later, and not much activity before and
after. Currently there's an RC bug #1066261 against it and I am unsure as to
what should be done (release now, later, what?).

I've been reviewing and merging some MRs on the repo for a few months, but other
than that I have not witnessed much activity. Rest of the MRs are waiting for
Axel/Bastian to be reviewed since I am not the best person when it comes to evaluating
perf critical perl code.

So here's the question: How is the maintenance status? When is the new release
expected? What about the RC bug(s) filed?

Best,
Nilesh