Re: Incorrect missing-license-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright?

Hi Nicolas,

Nicholas Guriev wrote:
> I discovered that Linitan does not recognize license expressions in
> stand-alone license paragraphs in a d/copyright file. They seem not to
> be prohibited by DEP-5 as far as I can tell. Is it really so or do I
> read the spec wrong?

I guess the latter. Under
https://dep-team.pages.debian.net/deps/dep5/#license-field in the
"Remaining lines" paragraph, there is written "a stand-alone License
paragraph matching each license short name listed on the first line".

I read that that you can use expressions when declaring the license
for a set of files, but not in the stand-alone license paragraphs.

> https://dep-team.pages.debian.net/deps/dep5/#stand-alone-license-paragraph

The Example 1 in this section shows you how the stand-alone license
paragraphs should be written in your case.

> Is this list an appropriate place?

An appropriate place, but maybe not the most appropriate place. :-)

Since DEP5 is now part of the Debian Policy, the debian-policy list
(https://lists.debian.org/debian-policy/) might be a better place for
this, especially if you think that the current text of the format can
be improved for less ambiguity. :-)

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, https://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin