Re: suggestion for checking unicode characters against "trojan source attacks"

Hi Jérémy,

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 11:07 AM Jérémy Lal <kapouer@melix.org> wrote:

> the test needs to account for that fact.

Yeah, I adjusted it to check scripts only. [1] That's any text file
with a hashbang (#!) at the beginning. They do not currently have to
be executable.

You should see updated results on our website over the next two or three days.

>  "\u202D‭39497\u202C‬"

That is a LEFT-TO-RIGHT-OVERRIDE. It makes sure the string "39497" is
always printed from left to right—even in Hebrew or Arabic, which are
written in the opposite direction.

Thanks for having some fun with us!

Kind regards
Felix Lechner

P.S. In Lintian, tests are in the test suite. The scanning parts we
call "checks".

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/commit/f0c91bdaf1ffbd6fd4ce1ba1fa78e2a7b2469cc2