Salsa CI failures

Hi,

Today I made a series of commits trying to restore the Gitlab CI
pipeline for stable. I now think they should probably be reversed, as
explained below. Has anyone figured out what caused the failures?

My commits attempted to use the resolver used on experimental buildds,
aspcud, but in retrospective I do not think it was a good idea.
Concerns about an alternative resolver aside, I just don't think that
we had a problem with not pinning buster-backports before. Any
comments would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Felix Lechner