Re: Renaming some Lintian test suites

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 11:45 PM Chris Lamb <lamby@debian.org> wrote:

> Would that mean we wouldn't have to do the somewhat-ugly
> "$checkname-$tagname"? :)

> An *extremely* common use case for me at least is to run all checks
> for a particular tag.

You can still run all *tests* for a particular tag by prefixing "tag:"
(and thus without worrying about any of the ugliness you mentioned).
The function will be retained. There is, however, a new function to
run all tests for a particular *check*. Over time, you may find that
more useful. It would naturally make you want to split checks into
smaller units. Either way, you can continue to work exactly the way
you have. Tx!