Re: vcs-field-uses-not-recommended-uri-format (bzr)

Sascha Manns:
> Hello list,
>
> i'm using in my package:
>
> Vcs-Bzr: bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/ignore-me/trunk
> Vcs-Browser: https://code.launchpad.net/ignore-me/trunk
>
> I'm getting with lintian:
> vcs-field-uses-not-recommended-uri-format
>
> Also i tried bzr:// but got the same issue.
>
> Is there a good way to pacify lintian?
>
> Greetings
> Sascha

Hi Sascha,

The recommended forms for bzr URLs all start with one of the following
forms:

  https://
  nosmart+https://
  http://
  nosmart+http://
  lp:

Though, the latter 3 will trigger a "vcs-field-uses-insecure-uri"
instead.  If you want a lintian clean package you are looking at one of
the https-based URLs if available.

Thanks,
~Niels