Re: Test suite checker

Hi Niels,

On Fri, 2017-03-24 at 05:06 +0000, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Hi Lucas,
>
> Thanks for working on improving lintian. :)
>
> Just adding the field (without having a d/tests/control file)
> triggers
> another tag, so that in itself is not an option. :)

I meant you probably should have a functional test suite but it is not
an obligation. If you do not have a d/t/control and your package is not
maintained within a team that already implemented some autopkgtest
"wrapper" nothing happens.

> But what you can do
> is to add a tests/control file to the "templates" directories in
> t/templates/tests and let dpkg-source add the field for us.
>   We probably also need to do something for t/templates/source for
> but I
> recommend starting with getting the tests in t/tests to work.
>
> For your test (and the other tests in t/tests/testsuite-*), we will
> need
> a script to wipe the debian/tests directory.  I think you want a
> "pre_build" script for that (please see t/tests/README for more
> information).

Great. Thanks for your tips, that is exactly the kind of solution that
I was looking for :)

I'll open a bug and send my patch soonish.

Cheers.
--
Lucas Kanashiro