Re: Lintian test fail can not understand

On 2015-05-25 22:33, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I could not understand why perlcritic test fail with following patch
>
> Any guidance is welcome
>
> Bastien

Hi again,

Ok, the undeclared variable was a red herring/mistake on my part.

The tests fails because the changes to Lintian::Check forces Perl[1] to
load a data file as soon as Lintian::Check is compiled.  However, data
files are not supposed to be loaded at compile time, since lintian first
need to define which vendor profile is in use.

This is different from checks, which are not loaded (i.e. compiled)
until after the vendor profile has been loaded.  Therefore, they /can/
forcefully load a data file immediately.

The issue in fact breaks most of the "scripts" test suite since
Test::Lintian loads Lintian::Check (for check_spelling).

For next time: please also include the error you are seeing.  It would
have saved me quite a bit of time. :)

Thanks,
~Niels

[1] Any use of the data file will cause it to load the data file.  I.e.

 * NOT loaded: my $data = Lintian::Data->new(...);
 * LOADED: $data->known(...); $data->all; $data->value(...);