Re: A question concerning lintian

On 2015-01-17 00:31, SB wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Niels! I write my messages offline and I have just seen yours
> after sending mine. I thought I have found the tags within the desc files in
> /checks, but, looking at what you wrote, I guess I was wrong.
> Well, I guess I have to learn at least a little bit of Perl to get it done. Why
> not :-)
>
> Kind regards
>
> Stephan
>
> [...]

Ah, yes, the tags are defined in the .desc files.  The perl script lists
the tags defined in those files.
  In case you want to see the translated output (as the user would see
it), the simplest method is to use the "lintian-info -t <tag>" though.

My remark about the general solution was about the fact that it is
possible to add third-party checks.  These are not auto-loaded by
default (which is why the code snippet given would not find them).  But
their tags would also be defined in the checks/ dir in a .desc file
(some where in Lintian's "search path" - in a lack of a better name).

Thanks,
~Niels