Re: Lintian's control-file-is-empty and udebs

Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> (2014-03-16):
> Hi,
>
> Reviewing a part of the Lintian code, I noticed the following[1]:
>
> """
>         # I'm not sure about the udeb case
>         if ($type ne 'udeb' and $file->size == 0) {
>             tag 'control-file-is-empty', $file;
>         }
> """
>
> My question is: Are there control files for udebs where it makes sense
> for them to be present and completely empty (instead of leaving them out
> completely)?  If so, which of the files would that be?

The following returned no error when run against my local amd64,i386
mirror:

for i in $(find /srv/mirrors/debian -name '*.udeb'|sort); do
  rm DEBIAN/ -rf 2>/dev/null
  echo "Checking: $i"
  dpkg --control $i
  for f in $(find DEBIAN -type f 2>/dev/null); do
    if [ ! -s $f ]; then echo "FAIL: $f in $i"; fi
  done
done

I guess there's no need for special-casing udebs in that test.

Mraw,
KiBi.