source format 3.0 (git) with native version numbers

Et-all,

I am trying to switch from source format 3.0 (native) to 3.0 (git) however I still want to maintain native versions on my packages and do not want to generate orig.tar.gz files.

If I simply change debain/source/format form native to git the package builds successfully and the source gets fetched correctly with apt-get source. Everything seems to be working as I expected. However, when lintian runs it throws an error.

internal error: could not find the source tarball at /usr/share/lintian/lib/Lintian/Util.pm line 967.

It think this is a bug in lintian but want to check here insights before filing a bug report.

Thanks,

~Daniel