Re: Lintian: On using perltidy

On 2013-08-13 20:54, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe Russ mentioned perltidy (way) earlier in the thread we had on
> changing the code style of Lintian.  Today, I was asked by Michael
> Stapelberg why we didn't use perltidy and be done with most of the style
> issues.
>   In light of that, I have prepared a perltidyrc (attached) based on the
> one from Russ Allbery's rra-c-util repository - with the addition of
> "-bar", which I think (but I might be wrong) is closer to the style
> proposed.
>
> I have also attached the changes to some checks as done by perltidy with
> the aforementioned perltidyrc file.  Comments greatly appreciated (also,
> my experience with perltidy can be measured in minutes, so if you have
> more experience, suggestions are very welcome).
>
> ~Niels

For the record, I have started with applying perltidy on our code base.
 The changes can be seen at [1].  I am using a slightly modified
perltidy rc file than suggested[2].

Comments and patches (still) welcome.

~Niels

[1]
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/nthykier/lintian.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/perltidy

[2]
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/nthykier/lintian.git;a=blob;f=.perltidyrc;h=2bc3d3504707378f3b0883596880dbda151423c8;hb=c324011208a81eb6d3e4250f0b2d05007b34a878

(I updated the comment about its origin in a later commit)