Re: Stanford IDG internal Perl style

On 2013-03-30 00:16, Niels Thykier wrote:
> On 2013-03-29 18:24, Russ Allbery wrote:
> [...]
>> * Use perltidy and perlcritic.  Default [perltidyrc](perltidyrc) and
>> [perlcriticrc](perlcriticrc) files are available.
>>

> If we can codify our style in a fashion these can check for that would
> definitely help in maintaining the style.  Also, we have a "perlcritic"
> check already but it is skipped by default (and I never remember to set
> the proper variables to enable it... >.>)

Okay, as you may have noticed I have enabled to perlcritic check by
default (with a slightly reduced policy)[1].  I presumed the originial
policy was something we all (mostly) agreed on, since I don't remember
any contesting when it was introduced.
  That said, I am certainly open to changing the current (intended)
critic policy.  Indeed I have plans to fix more critic issues so we can
enable more policies (like ProhibitBarewordFileHandles).

~Niels

[1] That is, causing test failure/FTBFS if the policies are violated.