Re: Summary of current experimental tags

* Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>, 2013-04-07, 12:22:
* shlib-calls-exit
- Some 2300 tags in < 1000 packages
- Russ suggested that this tag should be dropped[2].
- it is wishlist/possible (I)

It's been almost always true positive for me, so I'd prefer if we kept it.

Are you certain? (In other words, how have you confirmed that the library actually calls the code that calls exit?)

Yeah, I'm sure. See the two recent examples on debian-mentors. I've also seen some libraries that called exit() when an assertion failed.

It also gives false positives on any Apache module that reports fatal syntax errors in configuration files, since the accepted way of doing that is to call exit.

We could whitelist /usr/lib/apache2/. Or maybe check only public libraries.

But I don't have strong feeling about keeping the tag. If you want to remove it, feel free to do it.

--
Jakub Wilk