Re: udeb and data.tar.xz files?

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 09:51:43PM +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:

> Lintian is outdated (#664600) and the fix has been commited to the git
> repository[1]

I saw a bug report requesting that packages that failed the lintian
udeb-uses-non-gzip-data-tarball check should be summarily rejected.
Did this actually get implemeted on the ftp server?  i.e., do I need
to wait until the new version of lintian gets propgated out to the
debian servers, or if I'm in a hurry, hack dh_builddeb to generate a
udeb that doesn't use data.tar.xz?

I just want to know what my options are.

Thanks,

						- Ted