Re: Is lintian.postrm still useful?

On 2011-08-06 15:49, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-08-06 at 14:32 +0200, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> I had a look at our maintainer scripts and looking at postrm, I am
>> thinking this might be some legacy code.  Does anyone know when Lintian
>> last deployed a "default lab" in /var/spool/lintian ?
>
> I'm not sure that it's a case of deploying a "default lab", rather
> clearing up any static labs that were created whilst the package was
> installed; I think the comment in the postrm means "default lab
> location", particularly given the content of the remainder of the
> comment.
>
> fwiw, it only became the postrm in 2008.  Previously the code was in
> prerm but wasn't working (see #489860).
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam

Wait, are you telling me that this snippet is for the users that
uncomment the "LINTIAN_LAB" line in /etc/lintianrc and run lintian as
root[1]?
  Somehow I feel we are catering for a very small audience here...

~Niels

[1] $ ls -dl /var/spool/lintian/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 6 Aug 10  2008 /var/spool/lintian/