Re: Another lintian release for squeeze?

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Raphael Hertzog writes:
>
>> have you planned another lintian release for squeeze? I would like to
>> see my debian/source/format related checks (#566820) merged in the
>> lintian version that will be in squeeze.
>
> I currently don't have any specific plans just because I haven't had any
> time to look at Lintian beyond answer random e-mail in a while, but I plan
> on sitting down this weekend and doing a major run through the BTS and try
> to apply everything that's pending and fix as many minor bugs as I can.
> If all goes according to plan, therefore, expect an upload with that and
> many other things Sunday or so.

Ah, good to know. I've been working on Lintian::Command::Simple but got
stuck with the interface. I should probably push it somewhere and ask for
comments.

I've also done some work on making t/runtests run multiple jobs in parallel
(using perl threads, actually). There's just one minor glitch I should be
able to fix within a few minutes.
The only downside is that the output is not clean, but unless I buffer it
(which won't make it really show in what order stuff is being done) there's
no other way around.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer