Re: incorrectly reporting dbg-package-missing-depends

"C.J. Adams-Collier" <cjac@colliertech.org> writes:

> lintian is telling me that my library has missing values in the Depends
> field.  This seems to be because there is an assumption that these deps
> will be architecture-specific.  This is not the case in IronRuby and
> IronPython:

> http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-cli-libs/packages/dlr-languages.git;a=blob;f=debian/control;h=ba06ab70129aac92be71d98ec044c27f4f0328ae;hb=5dfefe868a6ccb59935359ae45eadb691f774e12

Could you provide a bit more background on what the debug package is
providing in this case?  I'm not familiar with IronRuby or IronPython and
would like to understand the problem a little better.  The ironruby-dbg
package doesn't appear to be in the archives at present.

Thanks!