Re: .changes files as first-class objects

"Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> writes:

> Yes, currently changes data is stored in the laboratory.

> Partly this is due to the fact that both Lintian::Collect::Changes and
> the new changes-file check script make extensive use of the field()
> method, which is inherited from the base Lintian::Collect class, where
> it's implemented as reading fields/.

> The frontend itself also assumes that collection and check scripts can
> be executed from within $LINTIAN_LAB/$long_type/$pkg.

Yeah, Lintian::Collect::Changes would need a different implementation of
field() that used data stored in memory and probably not use a traditional
collection script, but I can see where that's going to require a lot of
changes.  I think you're right and we should go forward with the way you
implemented this and then look at that sort of refactoring later.

If is_lab() returns true for a lab without the changes directory, can
Lintian then fix the lab on the fly to have that directory?