Re: Introduction to multiarch: What maintainers must do
- To: Goswin von Brederlow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Introduction to multiarch: What maintainers must do
- From: Goswin von Brederlow <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:01:14 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20090729171737.GA20788@const.bordeaux.inria.fr> (Samuel Thibault's message of "Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:17:37 +0200")
- References: <E1MWC3g-00072y-AZ@const> <email@example.com> <20090729171737.GA20788@const.bordeaux.inria.fr>
Samuel Thibault <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Goswin von Brederlow, le Wed 29 Jul 2009 19:09:59 +0200, a écrit :
>> email@example.com writes:
>> >> My first thought was "Err. Won't moving all the shared libs into a
>> >> different location kinda screw things up?" And then I looked, and found
>> >> | ==> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/x86_64-linux-gnu.conf <==
>> > Yes, but however pkg-config won't yet find things in
>> > /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig, so take care of putting .pc files
>> > in /usr/lib/pkgconfig.
>> Where do they actualy belong. I would have said the -dev package
>> (which are to be left alone in round 1).
> Yes. However, passing --libdir to ./configure makes everything go to
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/, including pkgconfig files, that's why we
> should take care of that.
>> libsdl-gfx1.2-4: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/SDL_gfx.pc
>> The second seems to be in clear violation of Policy 8.2.
Any of the lintian people reading this?
Could we create a check for *.pc files that they are in the right
place and right package in anticipation of multiarch? Wrong package
already is a bug and wrong place seems to be a likely bug to happen.