Using a subset of all lintian tags

Hello,

I read on debian-devel that lintian can use a subset of tags when it checks packages. This might be a useful feature for downstream projects, like maemo, which might be able to use only a limited amount of lintian tags and would like to use their own.

	Is there documentation describing this procedure?

If there isn't I am happy to write it, but I would like some pointers into lintian itself. While the newer modules are superbly documented (thanks Russ and Frank!) there is a still a significant amount of code to wander through. I am aware of course of Tags.pm and the lintian frontend, but any shortcut would be welcome; lintian code spelunking is non-trivial.

Thanks very much,

Jeremiah