Error in Lintian Output (Output.pm)

Hello!

I wrote to this list a while back mentioning the use of lintian as a tool to improve the quality of maemo packages since they are based on debian packages. The goal is to have a policy checker like lintian but adjusted to the maemo platform. This tool, which hopefully will remain as close to lintian as possible is called mameian and lives on garage.maemo.org.

We wanted to use lintian, but make it flexible enough to turn off tests that are not relevant to the maemo platform. In doing that I figured the easiest thing to do was to start by including parts of lintian bit by bit and seeing what we could exclude and still have a working tool.

I started in the frontend dir in the latest version of lintian (I am pulling from the git repo, using commit 5b162e...) But while creating a trivial script to enable lintian style output I get the following error:

Bareword "POSIX::EINTR" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /usr/ share/perl5/IPC/Run.pm line 1346. BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/ IPC/Run.pm line 1430. Compilation failed in require at /home/jeremiah/maemian/lib/Maemian/ Command.pm line 32. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/jeremiah/maemian/lib/ Maemian/Command.pm line 32. Compilation failed in require at /home/jeremiah/maemian/lib/Util.pm line 50. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/jeremiah/maemian/lib/ Util.pm line 50. Compilation failed in require at /home/jeremiah/maemian/lib/ Text_utils.pm line 33. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/jeremiah/maemian/lib/ Text_utils.pm line 33. Compilation failed in require at /home/jeremiah/maemian/lib/Maemian/ Tag/Info.pm line 28. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/jeremiah/maemian/lib/ Maemian/Tag/Info.pm line 28. Compilation failed in require at /home/jeremiah/maemian/lib/Maemian/ Output.pm line 78. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/jeremiah/maemian/lib/ Maemian/Output.pm line 78.
Compilation failed in require at ./maemian line 49.

I suspect this is not a bug in lintian but rather upstream from lintian in the IPC::Run module. I have filed a bug in RT about this. I just wanted to know if anyone on this list has experienced this and if there is a workaround.

	Thanks,

	Jeremiah